Saturday 14 December 2013

Post Swap With Dream. Live. Repeat

Hi there, Wonderland In A Wardrobe readers!
I’m so excited to be here, doing a post swap with Madeline! With the holiday season being in full swing, it seemed appropriate to share an outfit to wear to a holiday party!
I recruited my younger sister to model the outfit I chose from my closet.
I like this outfit because it is cute and comfortable while still looking polished and put together. Red is a MUST wear color this time of year and I find myself gravitating towards it on Christmas. Red is one color that’s actually flattering on many skin tones. Besides wearing a festive color, I like to add something that sparkles. Here, my shirt has metallic thread in it. I added a matching silvery necklace to make a subtle statement.  On bottom, my sister wears a pair of black thick cotton textured leggings and moto boots.
Where to buy:
Shirt- Express, Leggings- Kmart, Boots- JustFab.com, Necklace- Target
Tips:

  • To dress this outfit up even more, opt for a fitted skirt and tights for warmth instead of leggings. You could also switch out the boots for heels and add a blazer or cardigan.
  • Instead of the traditional red, try jewel toned colors, like emerald, cobalt, navy, cranberry, wine or even ivory.
Remember: the most important part any outfit is feeling comfortable in it. If you feel silly wearing it, it will show through, so wear what you like! :)
If you enjoyed this post and would like to hear more from me, please stop by my blog, Dream. Live. Repeat. where I write about a little of everything- healthy eating, fitness, beauty and fashion, share motivational stories and quotes, and review all sorts of books!

Feeling Fashionable,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I too am 13! I followed you, maybe you could do the same?
    glamgirl029.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! It's great to see another 13 year old blogger! I'll definitely follow your blog!

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Please comment so I can tell that you love me and my blog!